Monday, September 15, 2008

My Weekend Rocked

I went to the librarians house. Am I cool or what? I went last year too for her annual potato supper that she has- mostly with her church people and a few of us stragglers. They're Church of Christ- which means they'd be really good AC's. We sit around and eat a lot. Then we have an a capella singing out of a hymnbook. It's a little awkward showing up there because we don't know anybody and most of them are pretty old. But the food is good and the singing is good. That was Saturday night. Friday night we went to Huntsville to do a little shopping. We had it planned and then Friday afternoon gas shot up. But we went anyways. I got it for 4.09. One place in Athens was 4.89. I had run up to the gas station right after work to fill up before we left and somehow managed to get stuck behind just one car. (This place was selling it for 3.87 and had about 20 cars waiting) Pulled up to the pump and realized I left my wallet at home. Grrr..... so I said forget it- I'm going shopping. Well, by the time we were done shopping all the cheap places were sold out. But 4.09 was the next best so that's what I settled for. Now the cheapest in town is 4.15. It's ridiculous. An hour west of us in Florence, AL they were selling it for 5.36. Crazy. Hopefully they go down soon since they really didn't need to go up that much in the first place. So anyways, that was my weekend. Maybe it didn't quite rock. Maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration. But it was good, regaurdless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just put $2000 worth of gas in the bus down here yesterday and that didn't even give me a half tank! Sheesh gas is expensive!

Anonymous said...

hi sarah. i miss you. goodbye sarah.

Anonymous said...

Well, they jacked up the prices even though they weren't supposed to. I think prices will go down within the next couple of weeks, according to my very informative news show.

When are you coming home???