Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Killed Thelma and Her Children

I decided not to wait any longer with the spraying when I saw that she had laid eggs and they were hatched. So I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. The children died right away, and the next morning I went out and Thelma had come out of her hole and was laying there dead as well. There was no funeral.
Well I never did get to see the Blue Angels. We went Sunday after church and there had been a microburst. (A random storm that wasn't a severe thunderstorm, only lasting a few minutes and only over a small area.) By the time we got there the rain was stopping, but all the tents had blown over, and 12 people got hurt and a little 5 year old boy died when a generator fell on him. We were walking up just as the last of the ambulances were getting there. But after all that happened they cancelled the show. So we went mini golfing instead. That's just not what you expect to happen to your child when you take him to the air show. Just another reminder that life is precious and you just never know what's going to happen.
On a little lighter note, there are times (like today) when I am reminded that yes, I do live in redneck country. I was walking into Wal-Mart and there was a man who had set up camp in the lawn furniture they had on display. Just relaxing, enjoying his Mt. Dew and cigarette. Who are these people anyway? All right, gotta go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, they are all related to my husband.

ha ha

I am sad to miss you this weekend. I hope the baby comes soon!

Anonymous said...

yeah for babies....

yeah for dead spiders....

why didn't you go join him?

Anonymous said...

i was so scared that you were at the air show because I read in your blog you were going and when i was watching the news and saw it i started praying and was going to text you but then its super cheap for me to text you but very expensive for you if i text you so I just prayed that you were not the child killed or one of the 12 hurt. its a rainy jamaica day:(
I love you

Anonymous said...

may poor thelma and her children rest in peace...

hope to see you this weekend : )