Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pride Cometh Before the Fall

Well this weekend was Mark's bapism. Yay! It was an awesome weekend. Abslolutely, incredibly awesome. It's been awhile since I've had one of those spiritual mountain top weekends and it was so refreshing to have one. Anyways, don't ask me why, but Saturday during testimonies. Or, testimony, rather, I had this random flashback of walking into church without my veil. I was probably 12 or 13, and completely and utterly mortified. And I was thinking how it's such a habit now, and I never do that anymore. But guess who paraded up and sat down in the second bench without her veil on Sunday morning? I wasn't quite as mortified this time around but I was a little emarrased. Because my veil was definitely not with me so I couln't just slip it on real sneaky like.
On the other hand, not only was it an awesome weekend, it was also really busy. Like, you know you've had a long weekend when you wake up Monday morning and you're feet still hurt. But that's okay it was worth it. But I got woke up by my phone Mon. and looked at my clock which was flashing. I thought "Oh no, the power went out and I overslept." But it was Melissa calling to tell me that she overslept and could I please go open for her? That's when I picked up my watch and realized it was 6:15. We open at 6:00. So I threw on some clothes and grabbed a brush and a hair tie and ran over to open. Then no kids showed up until about 20 till 7. Melissa got there at maybe 7:15, 7:30, then I went back home and went back to bed until 9:00. I decided I would rather go in late than take a longer break.
Okay switch gears now. I've been working here and there on my bathroom for the past three weeks, stripping wallpaper and trying to get the glue off. Finally, FINALLY, it's all taped up and ready to paint. Which is what I'll be doing tonight.
Saturday I'm going to Kentucky. Hip hip hooray! Also Saturday, our new teacher (Jena Runion from Bluffton) is moving in. Monday is my first official day as cooridator of the preschool. Very scary larry. But I think I'd rather be a little busier like I have been than just sitting around each night with nothing to do. But I gotta go now. Ta Ta!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! for Jena R.... I will be praying as you become boss and start this new fun relationship with the new kid on the block. Have a great week. I love you!

Anonymous said...

it's about time....i've missed sarah posts.

i believe i've gone into church without my veil on too. oops...guess it can happen to anyone.

love ya.

Mandy said...

I was so excited to see you posted today! I have been eagerly awaiting you to post again! I hope the move for your new roomie goes well. Have fun in KY, we are going to FL on Friday! So excited! I love you Sarah!

Anonymous said...

heather just recently went into church w/out her veil. she walked all the way up the middle aisle and then all the way back. and she even had it with her and could've snuck it on! i think she was just in panic mode.

thanks for the chat tonight! it was great :)

Anonymous said...

i just accidently typed in

www.sarahhodel.blogpsot.com

see what comes up ha ha