Tuesday, January 22, 2008

28 Weeks

Herb just updated me on our Kentucky countdown. Thanks Herb. I can't wait. Well, the weekend was awesome with people coming down to visit me. Blessing me were Beks, Katrina, Tony, Doug B., Josh G., and Jason (the fiancee) (not mine- Bekah's). They got in about 2:15 am on Saturday and we were hungry so we decided to hit up Waffle House. It was packed! Whodda thunk? Saturday we ate at CasaBlanca for lunch (very yummy) then played a game of Cranium. The winners got to pick the IMAX. We decided to walk on the moon. But we got there too late and our only other option was the hurricane. The Blue Angels were done for the day. It was kinda cool during the storm, but a lot of it was tree huggers trying to save their wetlands. I'm not saying we shouldn't be saving the wetlands, but it's not what I wanted to see in an IMAX movie. I tried walking on the moon last year with my dad but got there too late then too, and ended up going to Mars. So if someone wants to walk on the moon with me, just come on down and we'll go. Then we played more Cranium before heading to a hole in the wall southern cooking place. It sure is good going down, but a few hours after eating I always realize why I don't eat it very often. After supper we headed back for an intense game of Scattegories. All 12 Lists. Backwards from 12-1. Angie- I got to use Freida Felcher but they didn't think it was nearly as funny as we did. It was potluck Sunday so that's what we did for lunch, then they left about 2:30. *Sigh* But then Mike and Pam picked me up and I went to the Grand Ole Opry for a live recording of a gospel show. In order of appearance: Ronnie Milsap, Sara Evans, Trace Atkins, Lauretta Lynn, Deirks Bentley, Vince Gill, Charlie Daniels, Carrie Underwood. It was pretty cool. I can see how people get starstruck. But for now I need to go. My belly just told me it's time to eat.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah...I miss you. I'm really sad that I couldn't be there. Darn work always ruins the fun. (I'll just have to make some extra effort to come down there on my own again sometime.)

Love you...and again...miss you.

Anonymous said...

sarah, sorry i wasn't home to answer your phone call. i was watching american idol. i know...heathen. anyways i would love to watch walking on the moon with you. maybe sometime soon caleb and i will have a 3 day weekend or something like that and come see you with like robey and angie and dustin and mandy and mom and dad. or something like that. i would really like to come down. i'll have to look at the schedule and see if that would be happening anytime. love you and miss you too. i really miss you alot.

Anonymous said...

ok so all i'm doing now is looking up things to do in Alabama with Sarah. I am so excited. :):):)

did you know on sunday we could go to the burrit museum for free? have you been there? it looks kind of neat.

Anonymous said...

i mean mansion, not museum.

sarah said...

Never heard of it. But I'm always up for something new and exciting. We could always go walk on the moon or fly with the Blue Angels on Saturday:)

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous

Anonymous said...

yeah that's what i thought. i'd like to walk on the moon, myself. robey wants to fly with the blue angels. you decide