Friday, May 18, 2007

Welcome to our graderashin

That's what one of the kids said last night at our graduation. It turned out really cute. During all the practices we were so stressed, thinking it would never go. Cause they were terrible during practice. But when there's lots of people there, they freeze up a little bit and they did a really good job. Tylan and Devin both faceplanted on the risers. Tylan and Devin also both unzipped their gowns in the middle of a song. The first time we tried on gowns Devin says "Is that my dress?" (southern accent remember) Half my class got ahead of the other half during one of the songs and it sounded like a really bad round. I spent pretty much the entire time glued to Devin except for when they were up there singing and the one time I wasn't glued to him I got a "GRAB HIM" look from his dad. But, sorry, I'm not going to jerk your kid around in front of all these people. I'll wait till they're gone and then I'll jerk him around. Eric the fat kid got ticked off at me when I wouldn't let him sit in my lap. Seriously, my legs go numb when he does. But they all just did a really good job. It wasn't as eventful as our Christmas play, though. Brady didn't come. Miss Doris started singing "Praise God from whom all blessings flow....." I mean, Brady almost burnt his house down last weekend. That's the kind of kid he is. So even though he would probably have spiced things up a little, it was a blessing that he didn't show. And speaking of Miss Doris, yesterday was her last day of work. Graderashin was her last responsibility as a preschool employee. And as she was leaving, she totally squealed her tires. And Mike yelled out "She's retired!!!" It was pretty funny. Really funny actually. Tomorrow night we're going to the annual rodeo that's in town. I really wanted to go tonight but Mark made some feeble excuse why tomorrow night would be better. Either way, me and Melissa still want to go so he may as well have gotten it over with tonight. It better not rain tomorrow night. Okay my hands are tired of typing for now. Y'all have a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm officially on break, babe. Perhaps a special weekend in Athens is in order soon...we need to talk ;)

Anonymous said...

i'm officially done for the rest of my LIFE...

no break for me, just work

athens sounds fun

girl's camp sounds even better :)

can't wait to see you in less than two weeks

i miss you i love you and i am really ready for kentucky


yeah for only one vacation :)

we're poor, that's all we can afford


peace

Anonymous said...

oh sarah....