Thursday, April 26, 2007

Can't think of a title....

So today one of my kids who is known to be a terror decided to pull a girl's pants and underwear down and start smacking her bare butt. Seeing how it was a pretty major offence, I knew I had to tell his dad when he came to get the kid. His dad is kinda rough looking and I used to be really intimidated by him. I still am a little bit, but I've seen a softer side of him when he's interacting with his son so it makes it a little easier to talk to him. But it's still scary to tell him when Devin's been bad because I never know quite how he's going to react. Well, today I told him what happened, and it was really hard to keep a straight face. Because it was bad, and his dad got upset and made him apologize, but at the same time he was laughing. But what made it really hard not to laugh was that while we were standing there talking, he was flossing his teeth. I mean, I didn't know if I should ignore it (I did) or make fun of him. (I almost did.) Really, what's a girl to do? And on a completely different subject, next week I am going to take a hospice volunteer training course. It's four hours long on Tuesday and Thursday which I'm not too excited about, but when I talked to the lady about it on the phone today it sounded really neat. (Once I get past the training.) I kept reading about it in the paper and it just really intrigued me. So I'm going to give it a try. Tomorrow I'm going to give blood. I'm kind of excited. Hey I just noticed they finally changed the bulliten board in the kids section of the library. Up until now it was still decorated for Halloween. Now it's "Round up a Good Book" with a dog riding a horse. I think I could do better. Anyways....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Sarah, I'm sitting in the computer lab right now and you cannot believe how hard I had to fight not to laugh out loud. It physically hurt to hold it in! I absolutely love your wonderful stories. I just can't get enough of them...Keep up the posting!
Lotsa love, hugs, and prayers

Anonymous said...

sarah...that is pretty much hilarious. how old was this little kid? and flossing your teeth in public, truly weird.

i miss you


come home


love ya!

Angie said...

seriously, i just typed a huge long comment and the stupid thing got lost.
so that comment must not have been worth posting.
so i'll try another thing to say.

hi sarah.

we lanscaped today and i have a blister on my finger. it hurts.

so does my whole body.

the end.

P.S. I love you.
I miss you.
I want you to come home.
So does Robey.
Even though he's not up here.
He does, I promise.