Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tornado Days?

Well I've been trying to post since about Tuesday night but our computer is so slow that it never lets me and the library was closed on Thursday which is one of the late nights where I can get here on time. But now it's Saturday, the library is open and I have time to sit down and post. Let's see.... I went home last weekend. It was very emotional for lots of different reasons that I don't feel like going over again because this week has been pretty good. Tuesday night we went up to Kerwin and Sarah's for supper. Melissa's parents are spending the month of March in Biloxi and they stopped by on their way down so we went up to see them. Thursday was our tornado day. You probably heard about it. There was a huge storm system come through and all the county schools closed early and so we did too. The kids were gone by noon. We ended up just getting mostly rain but south of us they got it bad. A tornado hit a high school in the southeastern part of the state and at least five kids died and maybe up to eight kids. It's really sad. So any thought I had about people being too cautious and being too quick to close schools were kind of thrown out the window. Don't get me wrong- I'm not complaining. It was great to be done early for once. Yesterday was pretty crazy. A lot of times I go to bed late on Thursday's thinking that I'll be fine cause tomorrow's Friday. But I need to learn that Friday is our huge day when all the kids come and it's absolutely nuts. But I usually survive. I have this kid in my class who, let's see- how can a put it nicely, has a severe case of childhood obesity and a pretty bad speech impetiment. He's either really funny and sweet or really annoying. No in betweens with him. He comes up to me out of the blue and says "Miss Sarah, I want to be a go getter!" It just kind of struck me funny to hear the fat kid who can't talk right be the one to tell me that. Okay my computer is about ready to kick me off so I gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to be the first to post....i thought maybe it would make me feel special

i was wrong


bye