Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yawn....

Wow. Has it really been a week already since I posted? There goes my goal of posting more than once a week. I really would do a better job of it if it was for our stinking dial up that takes forever and usually won't let me post even when I try. Well let's see. Here's my week. My mom was here from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday evening. Dad is in Haiti and she's on Spring Break so she came down for a visit. And while she was here I conned her into subbing at the preschool while Melissa is in Biloxi. It was fun. The kids really have been pretty good considering Melissa's gone and we've had three different subs. Until today at naptime. Oh my word. We always make all the kids go to the bathroom before nap. I mean, that's a no brainer. I don't know if I skipped over Brady accidentally or if he was just causing trouble, but about the time they were all finally settled down, he yells out "I just peed myself." So I went and changed him. Mind you, all the lights are out and kids are laying all over the floor on their mats trying to go to sleep. So I sent him back to his mat which somehow didn't get wet and laid back down. I had Brailyn laying next to me and he has no excuse for having an accident. He's been potty trained for a long time. But guess what. He peed himself. So I get up again (meanwhile Devin who is on the other side of me is flipping around turning somersaults on his mat) and go to change Brailyn. While I was digging his clean clothes out (in the dark), Zion, who is five and also has no excuse for an accident decided to pee himself too. I was so ticked. Brady might not have done it on purpose. But I'm almost positive that Brailyn and Zion meant to. But they got dry and fresh and laid back down. If they try and pull that one again I just might make them lay in it the whole naptime. It really was ridiculous. And before we even cut the lights off, Ronnie was taking his turn in the bathroom. Ronnie is a child who is very much.... out there. He's five. He comes out, pants at his ankles and says "Miss Sarah it won't work." I'm thinking the toilet won't work because we've had a lot of problems with it. I asked him what wouldn't work and he says "My pee pee. It won't let the pee come out of it." Seriously sometimes I wonder why I ever went to school for this. Next week I'm going to be helping Kerwin and Sarah deep clean their house in Tennessee before they move to Athens and I'm going to be packing for Meika's wedding and Jamaica so I might not make it to the library to give you all the exciting update on my life. But we'll see. Until I do though... ta ta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah,

I do love you so. And now that I know your kids a little bit, I just cracked up at your story - especially Ronnie. Sounds like you were a bit pee-eved by the time nap time was over.

I had a really nice time with you and your school. You may wonder why you went to school for all this - but you seem to fit the part well. I appreciate how you can so quietly, but firmly discipline the kids and keep them aware of right and wrong ( I am thinking about how you took care of Zion when he tried to steal Devon's bike - and other little incidences that came up.) Hang in there. I'm looking very forward to seeing you later next week, Lord Willing.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your father tomorrow, again Lord Willing. Tell Louise, Doris and all the kids I said hi. Remind Zion (and the rest) that I love him and them.

I love you - God bless you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

sarah......i peed :)


Revelations, Revelations 21:8, 21:8...

:)