Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Present State

Right now I'm sitting by an open window with breezes blowing through the building and I'm not cold. I had the opportunity today to come to the school where the missionaries kids go. It's been fun. It's definitely a lot more relaxed than the elementary school I went too! But I had the chance to get online while I was here so of course I couldn't pass that up. I've had a great week so far. Sunday at church our group had to get up and sing a little for the Haitian members. The last song we sang we asked them to join in. When they started in I couldn't keep going because I was crying too much. These people, some who have literally nothing to their name, singing Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine at the top of their lungs was absolutely amazing. So far that was the high point of my trip was church. We had lunch at the pastor's house than and they give their very best to make us welcome. There is so much to say but I really don't want to use their internet that much. But I do want to let you all know that riding in a car is boring. Standing in the back of the pickup holding onto the rollbar is the way to go. Hopefully I'll see you all when I get home. Happy Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

truck? truck? did someone say truck??? AND hair blowing in the warm sunny breeze.... hummmmmmm nice... i can almost picture my...YOU there.
glad to hear your having a great time.... miss you baby! Happy d-day, i mean v-day.

Luke said...

wow...I'm not sure what to make of that last comment. :-)

I said a prayer for your time down there. May God touch you and bless you and allow you to shine for Him!

Anonymous said...

Sarah- consider this a sacred moment... I read your blog for the first time AND I'm commenting on it! I guess it takes you leaving the country for me to stoop this low:) I MISS YOU! Can't wait to have you back.

Chris said...

my present state is kansas.