Sunday, February 26, 2006

Can't Think of a Title

So I went to the Standing for Truth conference at Purdue Friday and Saturday. I was really glad I went. Saturday night Katrina and Gab somehow convinced me that it would be good to go to the U of I Parent Appreciation dinner. Don't know how they managed to get me there but they did. I felt kinda like a nerd. Oh well. It wasn't the first time I felt like a nerd. Went to Lone Star with my family tonight. It was my parents Christmas present from me and Nate. That's pretty much all my weekend consisted of. Oh- funny work story. On Friday our two's teacher Kari was on the phone with her mother in law trying to figure out her husband's 401k or something. She heard one of the girls say "Ben did it." And she looked and said Oh **** I have to go. Ben had gotten into some acryllic paint and painted the carpet, the tile and the other kids. She called for help so I went in to help her and while she was crying I just couldn't keep from laughing. 5 out of the 7 two's were stripped down to their undies because their clothes were coated with paint. It really was funny since I wasn't the teacher in there. Otherwise I probably would have been crying too. Paint was everywhere. But we got it all under control. But anyways I hope you all have a great week. My two least favorite kids in my room left Friday. It was their last day. So I'm looking forward to a peaceful week. I hope it goes that way. But you never know when you work at a daycare.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a random guess, it won't be the last time you'll be a nerd either.

scott said...

so that's why you were there. i didn't think you had a kid at u of i.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry you felt like a nerd.
I'm glad you came anyway. :)

Jenny said...

did gab jump on the bed all the time at your apartment?

sarah said...

yes. on my bed. while i was trying to sleep. it drove me nuts.

Angie said...

sarah i just love you. don't listen to herb he doesn't know what he's talking about. although you were a nerd for not coming and being with me and robes. :)

Anonymous said...

ok... so for real, how many times did i jump on your bed to be onry Sarah, I mean cmon. few adn far between- cut me some slack.

I thought it was great that you come to Champ and chilled w/ us... since obviously George wasn't enuff for you to come down.

what a random group at your house the other night....