Friday, March 06, 2020

Visitors!!

We have enjoyed some visitors in the recent days and weeks!  A couple weeks ago, my uncle was in Haiti with a team and was able to come spend a few hours with us.  We had a great time catching up and the kids loved playing with him.  We're so glad he could come!


This past week my parents were in country.  My mom spent the whole time with us while my dad did a lot of work with the organizations he is heavily involved in.  He was able to come up yesterday though, and spend the night with us!


My favorite thing that mom did while she was here was all the dishes!  She just jumped right in and I don't think I washed a single dish all week.  So amazing!  The kids' favorite thing was that she brought face paints:)  It was a huge hit!!


Even huger of a hit was when she agreed to let Summer paint her face in return.Summer was more than delighted and took her job very seriously!


Sawyer, who mostly boycotts naps these days, couldn't help but fall asleep to the sound of grandma's late afternoon book reading time.  Twice she sat down to read books with the kids and after awhile we noticed Sawyer cashed out!


Also, it just so happened that she was here over our anniversary.  Since date night places are pretty limited, we did a little at home date.  She had brought in some boneless skinless chicken for me and I had sent down some Panda Express orange chicken sauce.  So the kids had hot dogs while me and my hubby of six years now had orange chicken and fried rice.  We ate in our locked bedroom where we enjoyed a movie with no interruptions and no falling asleep because we actually started it in good time:)  It was quite tasty and about as fun as it gets as far as dates go around here.  We were really glad for that time!


But now, as of this afternoon, they are gone:(  We loved having them here!  Thanks for all the help, mom!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

We enjoy your blog Sarah. So great you had visitors. How special to have your mom with you for a week and....she did your dishes! That was a gift! Tucker sure a cute little accident waiting to happen. :) Will pray for all of you and your safety and sanity.

sarah.flyingkites said...

How did I get so behind on your blog??

I love the anniversary date night. And so happy you got your momma for a whole week!