Saturday, September 08, 2018

Big Ball Of Fun

Well I had been planning to do a post about the rest of our summer, but this just takes precedence:)

  We went to visit my family over Labor Day weekend which was my birthday weekend.  Danny had asked for a list of ideas for my birthday and there wasn't any actual thing that I could think of that I wanted.  I said I wanted a date night that he planned- babysitter and all.  I hate getting babysitters!  Since we were gone over my actual birthday, he planned it for last night.  Although I did have this card waiting for me when we got home from Illinois.  And it was so perfect since I'm always lamenting about how I'm the old mom.



Anyway.  A couple days before the big date (that I had no idea of what it was), he came home with this big ball of plastic wrap that I had to just stare at until Friday night.  And when he finally came home from work, the fun could start!

Each step of the night was written on a paper inside the ball of plastic, and I could only unwrap it as far as the next step went.  It was so fun!  And after a rough day with the kids, the first step was perfect.  I got to sit and sip an iced mocha (which I've been very into the last couple months) in SILENCE and SOLITUDE while he went and took the kids to his brother's house for an overnight stay.


Each step after that was well thought out and was all things he knew I would like.  Some a little bigger, some a little smaller, but all things that made me feel pretty loved!  Things like a foot massage, a pack of peanut m&m's, an old favorite movie, and a cord to plug my phone into the van when I want to listen to 90's country on Pandora sermons or something.  My great intentions of documenting the whole thing ended with a blurry selfie of our supper at Chili's though.


Thanks so much, honey!  Your efforts are not unnoticed and very appreciated.  This date was just what the doctor ordered:)

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I might have to send the link to this post to Klint...lol. SUCH A FUN IDEA!!!

(and 90's country music and sermons...LOL)