Wednesday, August 15, 2018

July Fun

Wow, I am so behind on blogging!  I mean, it's not like I post very regularly anyway, but it's extra bad right now!  July was packed to the brim and I never really caught my breath through the whole month let alone do much that was productive!  

I took the kids and went to my parents for my hometown's annual cruise-in and fireworks.  Well, I went into town while the kids stayed at grandma's and went to bed:)


We squeezed in about as much cousin time as we could while we were there!


We enjoyed the first round of pickin' from grandpa's sweet corn patch.  This kid can clean off a cob unlike any other 1 1/2 year old I know.  He loves it!  Can't say I blame him.


However, he does not love getting a water balloon broken over his head.  It was all fun and games until...


Summer got her first sparkler.  I thought she would be freaked out but she did great!


And of course we had to hit up Caleri's as often as possible too!


Daddy came out with grandpa and grandma for a wedding that weekend so we were all reunited.  We had a great time but we were ready to get back to our normal routine!  Not that it was actually routine for the rest of the month!

Summer complained a little bit about her ear hurting but showed no other signs of an infection so I didn't really do too much about it.  But the complaining got worse so we went to get it checked and sure enough it was in both ears!  So for the first time ever we had a child on amoxicillin.  Which, as it turns out, she is allergic to and broke out in a rash everywhere.  But she didn't break out until there were only three doses left so it did the trick.


One day on a whim I decided to freeze some corn.  I had a helper for about one cob.  The rest was all up to me:)


I also was banished to the garage by the rain that kept pouring down.  But I set up my chair in a spot where I could watch the kids inside or out so they were happy and did great while I sat and shucked.


We also had a camping trip in there.  Scuse' the terrible picture.  Yogi Bear had already met a ton of kids, Summer was shy, it was time to move on to the next activity, it was H.O.T., and I felt bad for Yogi in that costume.  So this is what I got!


Playing and cooling off in a creek that went through the campground was a highlight!  Well, except for Sawyer who is not a huge fan of getting into the water unless it's the perfect temperature.  So we hung out on the banks of the creek together.  I was okay with that because I kind of feel the same way about water temperature as he does.


We did have just a little time for life to slow down before it was time to pack up for the lakes, which was also in July.  That'll be the next post!

No comments: