Friday, June 29, 2018

How We've Been Doing Summer

Playing outside when it's not too hot for pregnant mommy!


"Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" says Sawyer.  That would be his way of requesting to ride a bike.


Taking a walk with some of our favorite people during a weekend at Pokagon.


Also visiting the arcade at Pokagon when everyone else is swimming and a certain someone is super opinionated about wanting to NOT be in the pool.  Lights, buttons, and knobs made this little boy's day!


Celebrating Daddy's birthday!


I was so excited to hear about the Touch a Truck event that was going on the Saturday Danny was out of town.  I just KNEW it would be a dream come true, especially for Sawyer who can't get enough of pushing buttons (or as he says, butts) and flipping switches and climbing around in vehicles.  However, at the first sound of a loud horn and siren we were done.  My vision of spending a solid hour there was whittled down to about five minutes.  Good thing the library was right next door and we were going there anyway!


Thank you to our local plumbers for providing some morning entertainment.  It's really the least they could do with the bill they sent us!


A boy, his blankie stolen from his crib, and the plunger stolen from the bathroom.  What could be better?


Sometimes you just need to go play in the rain.


An evening family walk to Dairy Queen.  Truthfully, I have my glucose test next week and I'm a little suspicious I might have gestational diabetes.  So I really wanted to have this little excursion before my test confirms what I'm thinking.


I daresay Summer got a lot messier than Sawyer with her ice cream:)


Some mornings you just gotta play the piano in your jammies.


"Mommy, can I go outside in the rain with an umbrella?"  Oh, and that IS indeed a pot of weeds on the patio.  We tried planting some flowers from a seed packet and that was the result.  Green thumbs have we not.


And Summer's not even half over!  July is looking to be packed and hopefully August will bring a little time to breathe.  But we are enjoying these days!

No comments: