Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Round 3...

Well here we go again!


I always feel weird talking about all this on a blog but since I really like to read when other people do I will!

Due date?
September 25.  But if this one is anything like the first two, we can expect to meet him/her around October 2 or 3.

How do I feel?
Meh.  Not terrible but I'm looking forward to the second trimester!  I am not a puker but I do get nauseous.  I have noticed it is kind of dependent on what I eat too.  If I stay away from too much junk it's better.  Except it's pretty much always yucky in the evenings.  For example, today I baked some cookies to take to someone and because I like keeping them in the freezer.  And so far I've had two.  They taste good but they don't feel very good!!  And I can't eat creamy things without feeling nasty.  Same with the first two pregnancies.  It will go away once I start feeling better, but for now ice cream, cheesecake, alfredo, and even milk are on my bad list.  They taste good, but I feel awful after I eat them.  Not sure why!  Meat and fruit go down pretty good.



Will we find out the gender?
Not planning on it this time!  I know that when we have that 20 week sono it's going to be reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy hard to not.  But I think I would be a little bit sad to never have a surprise.  And I really don't think I care what it is this time.  I did care with the first two but there's good reasons to have either gender this time around so I really think I'll be okay no matter what.

Any intuition?
The only thing that makes me think maybe boy is because sickness wise this has been similar to Sawyer.  I was definitely worse with Summer.  But I will be interested to hear the heartbeat and know how fast it is.  Summer was always 180ish and Sawyer was always 140-150-stereotypical for both genders.  So if it's a faster heartbeat with the more mild sickness, I'll just be confused!

Cravings?
Not really.  Do those come later?  Like I said before, meat and fruit go down pretty good and sometimes at night right before I go to bed I eat some turkey because it makes me feel a little bit better.  And I can't plan my weekly menus at night because NOTHING sounds good at all then.  But during the day I can think about food without feeling too gaggy.

Speaking of being gaggy, brushing my teeth is the worst!  I can handle it okay in the morning but more often than not my night time teeth brushing gets skipped.  Gross, I know!

How for apart will all the kids be?
Summer will be 3 in May and she is 17 months older than Sawyer.  He will be 23 months when the baby comes so there's a little more space between them.  Regardless, we will have 3 3 and under for about 9 months and it will be busy!  Because of that I can get a little overwhelmed, especially these days when I'm just so tiiiiiirreeeed.  But I know it's pretty common and people do it all the time and survive so we will too.  And I'll be glad when they're older to have them close!  But there will still be two school years between each one.

So there you have it.  I'm only 10 weeks which is a little early to tell, but I hate hiding it!  And we had good opportunity to tell family the past couple weekends so we went ahead and did it.  It's way better when people know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Looking forward to meeting another cute Bertsch:)
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Bekah Brooks

Anonymous said...

Yay!
Sara F

sarah.flyingkites said...

yay!! Congrats! And thanks for all the details -- very fun!

Beth Aschliman said...

Exciting! My guess is boy!!