Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Staycation Overnight Date

If you remember, about a month ago we kept a couple of our nieces overnight while their parents went skiing.  (You know- that same weekend our furnace broke down...)  Anyway, this weekend it was our turn!  We looked around for different ideas of places to go overnight but nothing really jumped out at us so we just did a staycation.  And we had so much fun together!  

We started at the local bowling alley where, between a couple coupons we had, we played three games for the price of one!  (My forearm is only now fully recovered.  I am such a weakling.)  And indulged in way too much bowling alley pizza.  Oh, and I really am not trying to snuggle with the ball.  I just wanted it in the picture!


We also each had a few quarters to use for fun.  Danny played a couple arcade games and I picked a couple songs from the jukebox.  One of them being Sweet Home Alabama of course.


And not that I'm bragging or anything, (well okay maybe I am just a teensy tiny bit) but I did happen to win the first game!  That just doesn't happen to people like me.  So it was only right to document it!  Don't worry- Danny smoked me pretty good in the second two games.


And that was the end of my picture taking for the weekend.  But it also included going to Walmart for fun snacks to eat while we watched a movie (we both randomly ended up with a doughnut), sleeping in with no kids to worry about, running errands, and eating out for brunch AND supper.  Nothing too out of the ordinary but still refreshing for us!

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

haha! I just love this post -- the bowling alley pizza, arcade, juke box..lol! Kids at heart!

And great idea on the babysitting/date swap!