Monday, March 06, 2017

And Now February Is Over Too?!?!?!

OOPS!!!  The last time I posted I lamented about how January was over and I think I might have talked about posting more.  Well, you see how that went!

We've had a pretty good winter thus far.  Although winter is almost officially over- yay!!

We've played games,


Summer was introduced to the wonder of licking off the beaters,


and Sawyer has practiced his tummy time.  (I think Summer got the better end of the deal on that one!)


Unfortunately though, sometimes tummy time goes awry.


We had a nice little Valentine's Day supper at home-


complete with some pretty tasty chocolate covered strawberries.  I think we might make those a tradition!


But sadly, the sickies also hit (with a vengeance)us that day, making things a little less romantic:)  They kinda came out of nowhere in the middle of the day, right after I had been telling people we have managed to avoid them so far.  Lots of paci time and movie time and snuggle time around here!


We managed to get better enough to go enjoy the hotel getaway with Danny's family, though it was NOT a sleep filled night for anybody in our room.  Well, except Sawyer.  He did good.  But Summer made sure we remembered she did not feel good and wanted us to know she much preferred her own bed.


Peek a boo!  Sometimes the trick to getting this guy to sleep is putting a blanket over his eyes.  And then he wakes up and peeks out and it's so stinkin cute!


I made Summer a rice box.  She loves it.  I love the idea of it but the reality of it isn't quite as fun:)  But she really doesn't do too bad with it if I keep an eye on her so it was worth it!


My parents came out to visit for the weekend.  We welcomed them with a broken water heater and invited my dad to fix it!  We were pretty glad it happened then, because they had brought the truck out so he could use it to haul in a new one and install it himself rather than us needing to have one delivered and pay someone to do the work!  Plus the following weekend we had a family of nine (yes you read that right- NINE) staying with us and it would not have been quite so convenient for it to go out then!


A hot water heater box makes a wonderful hideout:)


Up next:  Happy Anny to us!!

No comments: