Tuesday, September 06, 2016

The Weekend Of Labor (But Not Really)

Once again we headed west this weekend to my homeland!  I think we planned on spending Labor Day weekend in IL like, way back in early spring or something.  We knew we would be camping with Danny's family over Memorial Day weekend so we decided the next long weekend could be out there.  Plus it was my birthday weekend so it was just a no brainer!

On the drive out Danny asked me if I wanted to do something fun for my birthday besides just sit around my parent's house all Saturday afternoon.  So we settled on Tanner's Orchard.  I had never been there but always wanted to go.  So we left Summer with grandma and headed out!  We had fun doing the corn maze, checking out the animals, snacking on an apple cider doughnut, and going through the market.  So many free samples!!

(It was so bright and I'm so squinty.  Why I didn't just put my sunglasses on is beyond me!)


Then we went back to my brother's house for supper and a campfire.  My parents had plans so we invited our cousins and their families for the evening.  And we had to take a matchy matchy picture with the three of us:)


It was the perfect day to kick off the fall season!


Sunday night we were with my family.  After one big family naptime, we ordered Pizza Place, which is a pretty frequent request of mine whenever we're back there:)  Later, Danny and I announced we were going to go on a walk and if anyone wanted to come they could.  Guess who came?  EVERYBODY!  But it was a fun and relaxing little evening stroll.


Although my niece tried to do it a little more unconventionally:)


Since Monday was a holiday we got to spend Sunday night too.  We hung out until lunch and ate with my family before saying our goodbyes and hitting the road.

At first I had been a little bit bummed because some friends I wanted to see were out of town.  But the weekend ended up meeting and exceeding any expectations I had and I came home feeling all invigorated:)  (And one year older)  But I loved every minute of it!

No comments: