Monday, September 26, 2016

September Smatterings

One day I was doing dishes and couldn't quite decide where Summer was playing or what she was doing.  But I could hear things every now and then so I figured nothing too bad was going on.  When I was finished in the kitchen I sat down and read her a book and THEN looked over to her toy basket.  Filled with her dirty diapers that she had carried one by one from her room to the basket.  I had to laugh out loud on that one!


We made applesauce one day!  Only a half bushel but it's enough for us right now.


Start 'em out young:)


We got to spend almost a week with our nieces while their parents were on vacation.  We had a lot of fun with them but were pretty wiped out by the time we got done!  (Five kids is juuuuust a little different than one.)



Someone learned the art of walking in princess shoes.  Kind of.  But when she's successful she's pretty excited about it!


We had a really quick, short and sweet trip out to IL this past weekend.  Aaron and Cassie had planned to go and invited us to tag along and so of course we did!  On the drive out there, I discovered that Cassie had never ridden in a combine.  I was a little bit shocked and appalled.  So we made it happen:)  And then I got to ride for about 20 or 30 minutes which is the extent of my harvest experience this year.  Maybe next year I won't be ready to pop and will be able to spend a little more time enjoying it.


October is just around the corner and while we have some plans, we also have a lot of waiting around and laying low, just waiting for this baby!  I've gotten a little sentimental about Summer not being my baby anymore so I'm trying to just really enjoy her these next few weeks.  But not so sentimental that I'm not really excited to meet our little guy!  Ready or not I guess...

1 comment:

Beth Aschliman said...

The first picture. Haha! Oh the things kids do! Yay your due date is getting so close!