Tuesday, September 13, 2016

One Last Outing...

 This past weekend Danny boy and I headed down to Indy for the day for one last fun thing with just the two of us before the baby comes.  We pretty much spent our time in the downtown area.  I had never really been to Indy before besides just driving through so I was pretty excited!  We started off our day with lunch at PF Changs and spending some time at Circle Center Mall.  I love PF Changs and Danny loves Asian food but had never been there so it was easy to decide where to eat:)


Next we headed to the canal and walked along that for awhile.  Soooooo romantic.  Well, not exceptionally but it was nice:)


When we walked past the Indiana State Museum, we saw this square dancing thing going on.  So many old people all dressed up in their dancing garb!  They tried pretty hard to get anyone on the sidelines to join in, but we graciously declined;)


On our way home we stopped at this Goodwill outlet store someone had told us about.  Oh my, people.  When this person told me about it I asked her if it was pretty much the junk of the junk.  To which she said yes.  And let me tell you.  It was the JUNK of the JUNK!!!  Even Danny, who is a natural garage sale/thrift store person thought it was a little much!  But it was fun to see and we did actually consider getting a Christmas decoration.  And then decided not to.


The only downside of the day was that I felt sick the whole time.  We also made a stop at Monument Circle which looked cool to me, but I was so wiped out by that point that Danny went to walk around a little bit while I stayed in the car and took a nap.  So for supper I just got Sprite and pretzels from a gas station and he did fast food drive thru.  Which included trying a slider from White Castle because he's just always wanted to try it and see if it's as nasty as everyone says it is:)  For someone not feeling so hot, it sure smelled nasty!!

But all things considered, we made the best of it and still had a good time checking out the city.  Now it's time to buckle down and really get ready for this baby!  (As much as one can be ready for a baby that is...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)