Tuesday, May 03, 2016

A Weekend In The Southland

This past weekend, Danny and I along with his sister and her hubby loaded up our babies, their gear, all our luggage, and ourselves and headed down for a spectacular weekend in Alabama!


Summer got to play in the good ole preschool once before it closes.  I'm sure it will mean nothing to her once she's older!


One of the must do's in Athens is getting some good eats that we don't normally get.  Recently, a Jamaican restaurant opened right in town and I was so excited to go!  If you know me at all, you know that I love Jamaica dearly and it was my first love as far as mission trips and such go.  Since then, my love has also spread to Mexico but that's beside the point.  For about 10 years though, my life pretty much revolved around that annual trip to Jamaica.  So when I heard this place opened, going to try it out was not an option.  It was mandatory.  And it did not disappoint!  The food was amazing and the owners were great.  And even though they've been in the states for a good 15 years, that accent that I love is holding on strong!  Danny made the comment that he's pretty sure that won't be our last visit if I have any say in the matter and he's right:)


It was also wonderful to catch up with our friends down there.  Saturday night there was a big group gathering and Sunday night just a few of us were together for the evening.


Monday morning before we left we went to the preschool for a little while to see the kids.  We got to watch graduation practice which was so fun and sure brought back lots of memories.


Then it was time to head home:(  So we loaded up our fussy babies and hit the road.  Oh wait- only one baby was really fussy.  And she was mine.  Sigh....  

Around Louisville, we realized we may have cut things a liiiiiiitle bit close when it came to filling up with gas.  But we made it!


It was a great weekend but I sure slept good in my own bed when we got home!  Thanks to everyone in Athens who made it special to be there again!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am going to have to try that Jamaica place. So Fun!