Friday, May 13, 2016

Birthday Party Round 1

This past weekend we were out in IL for Mother's Day, to see a long lost aunt and uncle from CO, and to celebrate Summer's first birthday!  Her birthday isn't actually until May 23 but I really wanted to see my aunt and uncle!  So we decided to just go this weekend and have a party a little early out there.  We'll still do a little something on her birthday here but not the big bash.

We went with a little bit of a bumblebee theme.  Cause, you know, it's her first B day.


Her throne.


The goods.  Nice and simple:)  We had pizza with just my family and then a few extras joined us later for dessert.


Her special sign made by daddy!


A little tentative at first- I didn't have very high expectations.  She eats about as dainty as she looks.  One little bite at a time.  So I figured she wouldn't dig in too much.


But she surprised me and did a pretty good job!  Once she had that first taste of frosting it was a done deal.  I was kind of excited:)


Sunday night we had a big family Mother's Day gathering with my dad's side of the family and we were able to go!  It's pretty depressing to leave when EVERYBODY is getting together just an hour later.  Danny had a few extra days he could use so he graciously said we could stay Sunday night still and not come back until Monday.  I was so happy about that!  We had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute theme...Go, Summer!!

Sara F

sarah.flyingkites said...

aww! Happy Birthday Summer!