Thursday, July 16, 2015

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Pretty much my whole life I've wanted to go to a baseball game.  I've just never gone.  But last weekend we went out on a date for the first time since Summer was born and we decided to go to a Tincaps game.  Except for that one night it was the Ft. Wayne Octane.  Apparently they have theme nights and that night's theme was "What Could Have Been".  The Octane was the second place choice when the Tincaps were named.  I guess the gas pump was invented in Ft. Wayne or something.  But I thought the uniforms were cooler than the Tincaps uniforms!

Anyway, we had a lot of fun.  Oh, but the girl sitting behind me in the gray and white shirt?  She talked the ENTIRE time!  I can tell you all about her pregnancy, the summer camp she helps with, her insurance, her job...  I really don't think saying she talked the entire time is an exaggeration.  The friend she was with looked a little worn out and bored from all that listening!


While I was walking around trying to decide on what to have for supper (I decided on the classic hot dog and nachos), I was halfway listening to the announcer over the loud speaker.  I heard something that caught my attention while he was naming the starting lineup.  So I looked it up when I got back to my seat and confirmed what I thought I heard.  Turns out the second baseman is from Magdalena!  So we rooted for him the whole game and he ended up being the last batter and pretty much won the game:)  Good job, Luis!


So, like I said before- I had never been to a baseball game before.  So when everyone in the stadium stood up at the same time at one point, I was a little confused.  Turns out that the seventh inning stretch is a literal time to stretch!  Who knew?!?!  Yeah, not this girl!  I always thought it was just talking about a stretch of time during the game:)  We got a good laugh out of that one!

Oh, and just cause I think she's so cute.  I have to put a picture in!  She gets a little mesmerized by the stars on her swing.  I think it's hilarious watching her gaze at them:)


2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Tincaps is so fun! So funny about Luis!! ;)

Summer looks like her momma! Cutie!!

Unknown said...

Summer is such a cutie! :) About your last post, I would love to go thru gardening WITH you. This is the first year I've been 'serious' (if you can call it that???) about it, so I think I'm still in the preschool stage :)