Saturday, July 11, 2015

Green Thumbs Have We Not

Oh, our landscaping.  It's a little bit of a nightmare!  You maybe can't see it too well, but we have weeds in our little flower bed that are almost as tall as me!  It's a jungle out there!


But at least we're doing our part in keeping the rabbits of Willowbrook well fed!


And the hydrangea looks great:)


When we bought our house I was all excited because there was a little garden.  But the people who lived here before left it all overgrown and had the dirt filled with sea shells and corks from wine bottles.  (Still haven't figured that one out.)  So by the time I got it somewhat cleaned up, I had lost all motivation to plant anything.  But Danny loves garden tomatoes so I promised him that this year I would at least have a tomato plant.  Want to know what the garden looks like this year?  

Pretty awful.


But I still want a garden!  If anyone loves to garden and wants to help me get started next year, I would take you up on it!  The only requirement is that you are able to teach me on about a first grade level.  And have lots of patience:)

But anyway- a promise is a promise and I was determined not to break it!  So I did the next best thing I could think of and tried the whole "garden in a pot on your patio" thing.  We're not sure if it's the amount of rain, not enough sun, old potting soil in the pots, not enough room to grow in the pots, or a combination of all of the above, but the success has been minimal.  Not a complete failure though!


It's no bumper crop, but we have a few cherry tomatoes that Danny claims are delicious!  We also have a big sandwich tomato plant that looks like it might produce one or two tomatoes:)


And if you remember, we had most of the landscaping around the house chopped down last year since it was about 20 years overgrown.  Time to just start over!


So now this year, we've taken the next step and gotten all the stumps ground out.  We now are proudly displaying random piles of dirt and mulch all around our yard.  I'm sure our neighbors are so impressed!


Oh, and we have met and exceeded one month!  We're actually closer to two now.  We just love our little peanut:)



No comments: