Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Countdown Is On!

We are at 35 weeks, folks!  Actually, according to my own calculations and those of the ultrasound tech at the local hospital, I would say 36.  But my doctor and the ultrasound tech at her office say 35.  So we'll see!  It really could just be wishful thinking on my part because I am definitely to the point where I feel every bit as preggo as I look!  I really can't complain, though.  I haven't had any complications, the aches I feel are nothing out of the ordinary, and I can still pretty much do all my normal activities.  Granted, there's usually some grunting and heave-ho involved (getting out of bed or tying shoes, anyone??) but we manage!

Last Saturday we had our "preparation for childbirth" class.  Both of us enjoyed it and felt it was beneficial.  For me it helped ease a little anxiety.  Key word being little.  I'm pretty nervous about labor pains.  I feel kind of dumb to admit it, but I'm more nervous about that than I am the thought of having to have a c-section!  Not that I want a c-section.  Not if it can be helped.  But I am such a wimp when it comes to pain.  I am ALL ABOUT the epidural- sign me up!!  However, I found myself telling Danny after the class that it made me ALMOST feel confident enough to ALMOST consider trying to go natural.

And then we laughed and said "yeah right" and moved on with our day.  

I know that all you ladies out there who did it without are probably looking at me and thinking how pitiful I am:)  Okay not really, but maybe kinda a little bit you are!  And I know there's a chance that for some reason or another the epidural won't happen, so I can't bank on it.  If that's the case, so be it.  I will survive.  I hope.  I know it's been done for years and years without and I know that plenty of girls nowadays still chose to forgo it.  But for me?  If I have any control over it, it will happen.

Other than that, we are just plain excited!  Anxious to meet baby girl all while trying to enjoy just being a couple while we still can.  And for me- trying to just trust God and not dwell on the fact that sometimes things happen and there's always the chance we could come home with empty arms.  And trusting is all I can do, knowing that He loves this baby more than we ever can, and knowing that He really does have complete control.

Oh- and I'm getting ready to go garage saling with a purpose!  I've never been a garage sale person and if I do stop by one, I wander aimlessly and remember why I don't usually go.  But this year I'm planning to look at the sales advertised and choose accordingly.  Baby girl clothes and baby items?  Count me in!  I went to one yesterday and had good success, so for the first time in my life, I'm excited for garage sale weekend:)

And for the sake of those who think I should post a picture, (ahem... Boni!!) here you go! 

4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I laughed when you guys said "yeah right" and went on with your day!! Hahahaha

Love your honesty and epidurals are sooo great! :)

Erin said...

Love! Praying for you as you get ready to meet your baby girl!

Christa said...

I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog, but you made me laugh out loud. I had to read it to Tim. When Willis was born I just knew I wanted to be at the hospital in enough time to get the epidural! I'm with Sarah, epidurals are great!

Unknown said...

The last countdown is so exciting! Don't feel bad about the epidural. As soon as I got it, I felt better than I had the last 4 months of pregnancy...not even kidding :) And I didn't think twice about it! I can seriously say that having a baby was fun and enjoyable!!!! :)