Friday, May 08, 2015

And So We Wait...

Tomorrow I'll be at 39 weeks!  We have everything as ready as we can and now it's just a matter of waiting until baby girl makes her debut.  I posted pictures of the nursery on facebook and said how we were ready.  Someone commented "That's so cute.  You think you're ready!"  Which really made me laugh out loud because I know that we probably have no idea what we're getting into!  So I guess by saying we're ready, I really mean we're anticipating.  And excited!  I'm making slow progress but the doctor thinks I'll still be around for my next scheduled appointment on Wednesday.  Things can change in a hurry though- only God knows when things will happen!  But in the meantime...

* We have had many house guests in the form of ants the last few weeks.  At one point there were literally hundreds crawling in a nice organized line aaaaallllllllllll the way across the kitchen floor.  And they just kept coming!  Someone suggested putting down a line of cinnamon where they were coming in, and since I had cinnamon on hand, I did.  I might have gone a little overboard, making more of a mountain than a line, but I was feeling a little desperate!  And sure enough, they quit coming in!  But I figured it was just a matter of time before we started seeing them again, and I was right.  A lot of people suggested using Terro, and so far it seems to be a great suggestion!  I don't think we're completely over the ant problem yet but after just a few days of using Terro, I'm only seeing a few stray ants around.  Which makes me very happy!  The thing is, I think ants are amazing creatures.  Just not when they swarm my kitchen!  And so I couldn't help but inwardly shake my head and narrow my eyes a little bit the other night in church when the minister started talking about them!

* We've been trying to enjoy this last bit of time together before we become a family of three.  We've gone out on a couple of dates in the last month, trying new places we've never eaten.  One night we just started googling restaurants in Ft. Wayne that neither one of us had ever tried, and we decided on Dash In, which is downtown.  It was really good!  And while we were there we saw Pint and Slice right next door (or maybe it's Slice and Pint- I can't remember) and thought it looked like a good place to try sometime.  A few days later one of Danny's co-workers just happened to mention that was his favorite pizza in Ft. Wayne, so then next time we went to Ft. Wayne, that's where we ate!  And he was right- it was goooooood stuff!  Today I picked up Danny from work and we went to Bummie's for lunch.  Now, don't get me wrong- it's good food.  And it's a fun place to go.  But having not grown up here, I don't share the same sentiments with most of you who grew up going there and just LOVE the place.  So no, I don't quite get the hype.  But I do have that feeling about places and things that I grew up with so I guess it's okay if you think it's just the best thing ever.  And maybe someday I'll have kids that feel the same way:)  But anyway, while we were sitting there eating, I realized my shirt had completely ridden up and my belly was hanging out.  Nothing makes you feel more attractive than stuffing your face with a greasy corn dog while your belly hangs out!

* My parents, and maybe my grandma, are coming out for a visit tonight and tomorrow.  They won't even be here 24 hours because they have to get back to host family for Mother's Day.  But my dad decided he wanted to see me pregnant one more time.  So even though they'll likely be coming back out again in the very near future, they're making the trip!  It will be short but sweet!

* And that's all for now.  Hopefully the next post will be to introduce our baby!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad to know some tips on how to fight off the ants. I have been noticing a few of the creatures around my house too. Oh, and Nate would agree with you about Bummies. Us Blufftonites were just born into it I guess. Thinking of you guys!!

Unknown said...

You're so close! That story about your shirt riding up is hilarious! :) Praying & thinking of you guys during this exciting time!!!

Victoria said...

We've been to pint and slice. It's really good!

Erin said...

so exciting! praying for you!
love and blessings from JA.