Tuesday, July 01, 2014

How Am I Doing?

I get asked that question a lot these days.  People wonder how I'm adjusting to marriage, how I'm adjusting to living in Indiana, what I've been up to.... you get the point.  So, here's what's up.

Marriage:  I love being married!  Really, I do:)  There are things about being single that I really loved, and at times I miss them.  Given the choice, I wouldn't go back, but it does make me really thankful that I had the time that I did and that I was able to enjoy that time rather than being miserable in my singleness.  Anyway, I have a great hubby!  Danny is really easy to be married to and I'm pretty sure he has had to use more patience with me in this whole adjustment phase than I've had to use with him.  I am so grateful for him!

Moving:  Well, I've done it before, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier to do it again.  I can't complain about how nice and welcoming people have been here- they've been nothing BUT that.  For me, it's been hard getting used to how things are done differently.  Really, it's just little things that sound ridiculous when I voice them.  But every little thing that's different makes me miss what I know to be as "normal".  I know that different isn't wrong, it just isn't what I'm used to.  And sometimes that can be a little frustrating.  And sometimes that causes tears that probably are irrational:)  Other than that, I know it just takes time getting used to being away from my family and friends.  When I moved to Alabama it took about a full year before the homesickness became okay.  Each season brought about a new set of events I was missing out on.  But after missing one of those events, then next time around would be a little easier.  So for now, people are nice, I don't hate it, but it's not home.  I'm giving it time.

Work:  Up until now I haven't been working or looking for that matter.  Just last week I started calling a few places to see if they were hiring.  I really wouldn't mind getting back into working with kiddos.  I'm not absolutely dead set on that, but right now it's my first choice, and right now I'm still able to be a little bit picky.  I do know that I would like to have co-workers.  After having one job where I spent the majority of my time alone, I know that's not for me.

So, that's my feelings on life in a nutshell right now.  I'm looking very forward to spending an extended weekend with my family and friends over July 4th.  It's always good for my spirits and I know I'll get to see some friends that I haven't seen since we got married!  Which, by the way, will be four months tomorrow:)  Sometimes it seems like we just got home from our honeymoon and sometimes it seems like we've been together for a lifetime.  In a good way of course!

And since it seems to be a popular rule that pictures make a blog post better, here's us modeling our socks at Sky Zone.  Fun times!

No comments: