Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Break Wrap Up

Well much to my dismay, break is over.  It's okay though- it's been great but I'm finally ready for a routine again.  And I'm excited to see my classmates.  My last few days were filled with some pretty cool things.  First, my family spent a couple days at Grand Bear Lodge, which is an indoor water park about 45 minutes north of our house.  We had a great time going down the slides, floating in the lazy river, crashing waves in the wave pool, and quite frankly, enjoying some warm humid air again.  Anyway, I enjoyed that part- don't know about the rest of them.
 
 
We each had wristbands to wear the whole time we were there.  Laney didn't need one since she's only 2, but made it clear that she wanted one.  We asked the front desk and they obliged.  She was so proud of that wristband!

 
In the evenings we hit up the arcade.  It was great fun playing some good ole fashioned skee ball and whak-a-mole games.  I haven't done that in years!

 
They also had an indoor amusement park that was all part of the package.  Most of the stuff there was for younger kids, but there were a few things us older ones enjoyed, like the ropes course!  I talked a pretty big talk but once I actually got up there I was pretty nervous until I realized that my harness really would hold me.  And my brother showed me how to use it for some extra stability.  Once I got the hang of that it was great fun!

 
I had a death grip on those ropes.  Death. Grip.

 
One of the days we were up there it was about 50 degrees out, and we were just a couple miles from Starved Rock State Park.  Dad, Steve and I left for awhile to go do some hiking.  I don't have any pictures but it felt great to get outside and do that.
 
After we got home Saturday, I had just a little time to clean up, eat lunch and go meet some friends for an evening at Medieval Times up by Chicago.  It's one of those places that I've always wanted to go.  It was really fun, too!  We took our group shot in front of a full suit of armor, which we could have bought for a mere $6000 if we had wanted.

 
The knights- all receiving instruction for their knightly games.  We sat in the red section and cheered for the red knight (on the far right).  He didn't win.

 
And with that, I now look forward to 5 classes and 18 credit hours.  The blog will probably be lacking until May:)

 

No comments: