Monday, January 07, 2013

Break Just Got Busy

The first couple weeks of my winter break were pretty relaxing.  Then I realized I had nothing planned for the last two weeks and decided to do something about it.  I tried to find someone that would go to Florida with me but turns out everyone else has a job.  So that was a no go.  Instead I headed in the opposite direction of Florida where it was much colder and not nearly as sunny outside, but still really fun. 
 
First stop: Going to see Cassie since there's a good chance I won't see her before her wedding.  She had worked the night before and was sound asleep when I got there, leaving me to stand out in the cold for longer than I would have chosen.  Doorbell, knocking, phone call- that girl was tired!  But she finally woke up and we spent a couple hours talking, eating ice cream, playing the piano (together-at the same time) watching dumb funny youtube videos, and playing a mean game of Jenga.  Which I won.  I don't know for sure, but she might have let me win, just cause she's cool like that:)
 
 
Second in line was visiting my cousins and my friend that live close by my first stop.  I had never eaten at Red Robin but was told it's quite tasty so we went there.  They had these bottles of seasoning on each table and my cousin told Nicole and me that if we mentioned to the waiter it was our first time there, we could get a bottle for free.  So we did just that and in return he gave us some smart comment about how that sounds like a great deal.  A few minutes later he came back with a bottle for each of us and said most people usually pay for it but we could have it anyway.  We were a little embarrassed, but hey- we got it for free!

 
I love this shot of Libby.

 
Next up, after spending the night at my cousins' house, I headed up to Michigan to visit some more friends.  They are my sister-in-law's sisters and ever since her and my brother were engaged, they have always welcomed me right into their family.  They are the type of friends who don't worry about the fact that they didn't get around to cleaning before I got there, or for that matter, make sure there are clean towels:)  But I like it that way!  Those are the best kinds of friends.  We spent Saturday afternoon at a toboggan run and a sledding hill before meeting up with another friend for supper.  I stayed over Sunday night too, and made my way home today.


 
Now I only have a week of break left and only one of those days is free.  So I'm sure all too soon I will be back at the grindstone, counting down the days until spring break.  Maybe I'll go to Florida then????

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Ah! You should've called me up! :) Looks like a blast!

Erin said...

Or Jamaica... I here that place is pretty cool too!