Thursday, May 03, 2012

Prayer

A day when believers are unified in the knowlege that this country is in desparate need of prayer.  Except for once or twice in high school when we did "See You At The Pole", I've never taken part of any public meeting for either that or the National Day of Prayer.  Today though, one of the public meeting places was at the Law and Justice center in Bloominton, just two or three blocks from my office.  So over my lunch break I walked down and joined them.  I couldn't stay for the whole hour but I really enjoyed the time I was there.  There was prayer and music.  While I was there I heard a prayer for schools, the church, the media and marriages/families.  I had the thought while standing there that it would be so easy for someone filled with hate to come and open fire on a group praying out in the open like that.  A little dramatic, maybe, but not a completely irrational thought. 
Tonight we have our own service at church.  I'm so thankful that we still have this opportunity as a nation and that it has not been deemed "illegal".


2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious ;)