Wednesday, May 09, 2012

10 Things

Okay, people.  I'm killing time here.  So I'm going to come up with ten different things.  I don't know what they'll be yet.  Maybe facts about myself, maybe a fun memory, maybe something I like or don't like.... we'll just have to wait and see what comes to my head.

10. I had lunch with a good friend today.  She asked me this morning if I wanted to go out.  It was great because it was a little bit unexpected.  I wasn't too sad to leave my sack lunch in the fridge at home today.

9. Right now on the radio "City On Our Knees" by Toby Mac is playing.  Maybe I should look the words up and read them because quite honestly I've never really gotten the meaning behind the song.

8. Yesterday I got to go to my cousin's "find out if I'm having a boy or girl" party.  It was fun.  We each had a cupcake that had colored filling inside of it.  We all took a bite at the same time to find blue filling.  It's a boy!

7. I was looking at some old pictures the other day.  Pictures from when I lived in Athens.  It was summertime and we were out playing volleyball.  I quickly remembered how beastly hot and humid it gets there and how you basically have to swim through the air during the months of May through September.  But sometimes I miss that.

6. Cassie's coming to visit this weekend!

5. When I was in.... 5th grade I think, I went through the phase so many girls go through.  Being obsessed with horses.  Absolutely obsessed.  I begged and begged and begged my parents to take me horseback riding.  FINALLY for my birthday they took me and a few friends to a place called Dave's Delshire Stables.  I had a horse named King.  Finally the time had arrived when I could fulfill my dream of riding a horse.  But when we got there and saw all those horses I started to get nervous.  And I kept getting nervous.  And I rode that horse but I cried like a baby the whole time.  I was so glad to be done!  Now, I have since conquered my fears and successfully ridden a horse.  And by successfully I mean with a guide in a straight line of very tame horses who do nothing but walk and follow the designated trail.  But at least I can do it without crying now!

4. During the week of Valentine's Day I won a prize on the radio.  The contest was called "Love to Share" and it was a hangman type game.  Anyway, I was really hoping to get the restaurant gift cards but I got tickets to see the Peoria Chiefs, a Brandon Heath CD and bowling passes to the Christian Center.  I got two of each prize since we are supposed to share with someone.  I keep forgetting about it but if anybody reading this would happen to want any of those prizes, let me know!

3. I don't like it when a new song comes out and is completely overplayed.  Like the one playing right now.  Good song, but I'm starting to really not like it since I hear it ALL the time.

2. I have twelve minutes left of my workday.  I'm going to stop and get some groceries on the way home today after I leave here.

1. Today something was bothering me that I really just needed to pray about.  Just a few minutes after praying about it, a little blurb came on the radio and the speaker said something that really spoke to me about the issue I was struggling with.  God is faithful!

Well there's ten things!  Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I like it! Good Job You!

Anonymous said...

Lunch was quite yummy today!

Em :)

Angie said...

lol I love this post :) Also, I rode King too! Don't know if you guys were there, but some of the Aeschleman's went out there one year and I did the same thing. Was verrry nervous. But they assured me that King was their most gentle horse and I would be safe. So I rode him. And I loved it! I am pretty sure you guys were there because I remember your dad, I think. OK I am done!