Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Delightful Reunion

Well.  There was a roomie reunion this weekend that was long overdue.  We made plans, and after nine months of not seeing her, I finally laid eyes on this beauty:


I'm sure she's thrilled to have that on here:)  I wanted to do things that were "Roanoke-ish".  So for lunch we went to Caleri's (of course) and then what is more Roanoke-ish than climbing Mt. Jumbo??  First we went up the easy side.  It took a grand total of about five minutes.  Not because we're experienced mountaineers, but because it's a very small Mt.  Then we went down and climbed back up the steep side.  Well, Cassie climbed it, I got about halfway up and realized it just wasn't gonna happen so I slid back down.


Of course if you climb a mountain, you have to take a picture at the top.  Didn't realize the camera was zoomed in.....


There.  That's better.


After our climbing adventure, I worked on making a fruit tray for Saturday evening's festivities and she had a random jam session with my dad.  Dad on guitar and Cassie on her brand new ukelele!  Twas entertaining.

 

Saturday evening was a going away party for my friend Emily who's spending the summer in Florida.  We'll all miss her dearly but I'm so excited for her!  After living away from central IL, I'm pretty gung ho about people doing something that includes supporting a small church.


Sunday after church we were going to go to the lame museum that we have in town.  (Also very Roanoke-ish thing.)  Much to our dismay though, it was closed.  That night she was drug into my family's mothers day celebration.  Where she was roped into playing more music.  Note to anyone who might come to my family stuff:  if you play an instrument, don't tell anyone!  Unless you don't mind playing for lengthy periods of time.  I had to get up early and go to work Monday morning while she was sleeping peacefully, but it was well worth it.  Thanks for coming, roomie!

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love this post! How fun :)

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part was playing with wicky sticks in church.....just kidding ;) Thanks for the adventures "Ruby"
-Cass