Sunday, April 01, 2012

Love Those Christian Friendships:)

I met Diana last winter at an invite weekend in Taylor, where she has been living for awhile now.  But it wasn't anything more than exchanging names and moving on with our lives.  Then this summer she was in Ixtlan for VBS, just as I was, and we established a true friendship.  We spent our days that week riding in the back of a truck overflowing with kids, walking the streets of Ixtlan, eating yummy food, eating food that was much too spicy for our poor weak mouths, taking bucket showers, getting to know some of the people there, doing Bible studies, staying up late solving the worlds problems, getting to know each others hearts, and swatting flies.  Lots and lots of flies.

I'm really not sure what was going on here but apparently it was something that caused both of us to have the same reaction.  It just makes me smile.

Anyway, since she lives in Taylor and since I enjoy visiting Taylor, we decided it was only appropriate for me to go down there for a weekend.  We've been trying since November to find a weekend that works.  The fact that she got engaged at Christmas time added to the business of life but it finally happened this weekend.  It was nothing spectacular, mind you.  Just two friends catching up on life.  Going to a jr. high productions of Aladdin, going out for ice cream...  But it was so refreshing for me and I came home feeling so blessed to have had the weekend with her.

No comments: