Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlights

Well the original plan was to do a month by month recap of 2011.  However, as I was looking through my pictures of the last year, I came to the realization that the first half of it was pretty boring and uneventful.  It mostly consisted of work.  I was at the Home for the Handicapped and while I enjoyed the actual job, I did not enjoy the hours.  Between having class two nights a week and working four nights a week, my social life left much to be desired.  So instead I'll just do highlights of the year.

The first one I'm not sure can be considered a highlight since it involved a lot of destruction, but it definitely left an impact on me.  Going down to Athens after the tornado outbreak and driving through my old neighborhood left me standing in awe of the power of God.  From both the nature side of things and the stories I heard of how he protected so many people.

A weekend trip to southern Illinois with my mom's side of the family for my cousin's wedding was a lot of fun:)

Girl's Camp is always a highlight of my year.  This year I was able to co-counsel with my good friend Katie and we were dubbed the "Pure Fashion" cabin although both of us are more comfortable in jeans and t-shirts rather than anything too fashionable.

The month of July I got to spend in Morelia, Mexico, trying to learn some Spanish.  The people I met and the things I got to do gave me an experience I will not soon forget.

Soon after getting home from Mexico (and Phoenix and Denver), Cassie and me headed out to the east coast for a much anticipated vacation.  Visiting old friends, making new friends, spending a day in Boston, a day at the Rhode Island beach and driving A LOT.

The majority of my Fall season was spent working at the grain elevator.  And yes, it is a highlight:)  Lots of long but fun hours.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were of course filled with family and friends. 

Angie is not choking her son.  She's merely trying to get him to look at the camera.

The year ended with my niece's first birthday party.  When she was born last December, there were a few things causing concern for her health but God healed her completely and she is happy and healthy as can be!  Don't let the chubby cheeks fool you though; she's really just a little peanut, only in the 15th percentile.  But such a sweet peanut!

Here's to another year!

No comments: