Friday, May 06, 2011

National Day of Prayer

Okay, enough of the post with my numb face plastered on it. 
Last night our church had a special National Day of Prayer service.  I typically haven't been able to go to anything like that since I'm leading a second shift life right now.  But there was a group of us that was asked to sing a couple songs so I traded around at work so I was able to go.  It was really neat, and I was so thankful that our church decided it was an important enough day to create a special service.  Four different groups sang throughout the evening.  Each of the ministers from church read a few verses and had a prayer devoted to a specific topic.  We had a praer for the nation, for the lost, for the needy and a prayer of praise and worship.  Along with an opening and closing prayer.  Everybody sang the final song together and it was absolutely beautiful.  I left with a feeling of zeal and refreshment in my heart.  Praise God for evenings like that!

No comments: