Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Latest In My Life

The latest is always exciting, isn't it?  Okay, maybe not so much.  But here's my latest:
School is done for the semester.  I'm relieved.  After Thanksgiving, once I got back from Mexico, I had no motivation.  Not even for Spanish, though you would think that after being down there I would come back and really want to dig in.  But at that point I was just ready to be done.  I survived, but didn't get the "A" I set out to get in Anatomy.  The higher my grade, the more points I get on my OTA application.  But since I have mixed feelings about being in school for another 2 1/2 years, maybe the lower grade and lower points is for the better?  I did however, get an A in Spanish.  I'm really not sure how.  I know my language skills are not on an A level.  But hey, I'll take it.
As soon as my finals were over I started training for my new job.  It's the job that Heather (on my bloglist) has been doing.  I'm excited about it but also a little nervous.  I think mostly because it's new and unfamiliar.  Today will be my first day in the house that I will normally be in.  Until this point I've been sitting there and listening to everything about OSHA and HIPPA and stuff like that.  I'll still be working one day a week at Caleri's.  I wasn't ready to give that up completely. 
I've been really missing Alabama lately.  I'm anxious to go down for a visit but I don't know for sure when that will be.  I have vowed that the very first weekend in 2011 that I have free I'll be taking a roadtrip.  I'm excited to see people from church again and I'm excited to be in the south.  I really loved living in the south.  I miss my kids.  I don't really miss teaching so much.  What I miss, is the kids who I was really bonded with.  The ones where I felt like I really had a taste of what a mother's love feels like.  There were some kids that it was just a teacher/student relationship.  I loved them all, but there were some that I really bonded with.  That's what I miss.
Well there's my update.  I need to get going on some errands now.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Great Post updates... now what are we going to talk about on tues:) Just kidding. Do we have a game plan for Tues.? If so can you fill a sister in. That would be great. Thanks. Love and Blessings. Merry Christmas Eve!

Angie said...

Hello. I miss you. I wish I was with you. Oh well.