Saturday, December 04, 2010

Good Times On The Bus

To some, this post may seem a little childish.  But for those of us who were over tired, cooped up on a bus for two days and maybe just a little slap happy, it's a great memory. 

During the bus ride, there were a few of us girls who were smashed into a bus seat, talking in hushed voices behind a pillow in an attempt to talk privately.  Things were going just fine until a few boys who were bored and looking for some entertainment tried sticking their nose into things.  When they got shooed out by the girls, they decided that "Fine, we can just have our own private conversation!"  So they grabbed a blanket and attempted to make a tent.


I believe there were four boys cooped up underneath that blanket.  The tent came complete with a sign informing the rest of the public who was welcome and who was not.


We figured there were some rather strong "feelings and emotions" toward the girls but were unsure of what they might be.  So we decided to send them a message.


After much time had lapsed and many whispers and giggles had been heard, the note came back with a single Bible reference written on it.  Proverbs 21:9.  So we looked it up and found the following:

"It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop than with a brawling woman in a wide house."

Funny funny times on that bus!

The next morning involved a contest that stemmed from yet more boredom.  Who can get their gum to stretch out the longest without using their hands?


Confession:  I was terrible at this game and used my hands for the picture.  Oh what fun:)

Speaking of fun, I'm loving the snow we're getting.  I haven't seen this much snow in a long time so I was pretty excited about it!  It makes me wish I had my kiddos up here to play in it.  8 inches is a lot more fun than a light dusting that melts by 10 in the morning! 

4 comments:

megs said...

i LOVE that stuff that comes from long bus rides!! the friendships are the BEST though!! and i want to know why all these people are talking about snow... i have YET to see any!! send some to taylor please??

Angie said...

I don't think this post was childish! I am childish! :)
Woooooo!

Anonymous said...

yet another sleepless night so i am reading your blog:) long bus rides= realness, strange smells, and great memories. so glad you had fun!
-bex

Erin said...

You keep your snow and I will keep my sunshine... at least for a week and a half more. Then I want the snow to be gone and sunshine and blue skies to appear. Please see what you can work out for me. Thanks. Glad great memories were made. See you soon. Love and Blessings