Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Date With Emily

Yesterday Kerwin was working and Sara wanted to take Jessica and Amber shopping for some spring clothes. So I babysat for Emily and Lauren. Lauren's nap lasted for 3 1/2 hours which left me with plenty of quality time with Emily. I never was really into Barbie's as a kid. I'm still not really into Barbie's as an adult. Found that out pretty quick. But I did have fun with sidewalk chalk, computer games, the trampoline and the golf cart. A couple different things that made me smile: she was showing me that she could get up from a sitting position by just standing up. While I can do that sitting Indian style, I definitely can't just sitting with my knees bent in front of me. So after watching me attempt to do it unsuccessfully, she informed me "It's just cause you're so old. That's why you can't do it." Thanks Emmy. I appreciate it. Then another time we were sitting on the trampoline and she decided to stick her feet in my face and wanted me to smell them. I really had no choice. They were just right there before I could react. So after making a big deal over how bad they stunk I told her it was only fair for her to smell mine too. Not thinking she'd actually do it, she leaned over and took a big whif. Then said "Actually, they smell pretty good!" Maybe that made up for the age comment? She's something else, that girl. It turned out to be a fun time. I wish I had a picture.
Today we had I think 52 people in church. They just kept coming in the door! We had some planned visitors and some unexpected. It was nice though. Made church look pretty full. We even had to use one of the preschool tables for potluck. But since there were so many people, all my food got eaten and now I don't know what I'm going to have for supper. And that's a problem. BUT, I am thankful that I need to figure out what to have rather than if I'm going to have any at all. And I don't really know quite how to end this so I'm just going to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you can always make me smile. I love ya and can't wait for Easter!