Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's about that time

I see that it's been over a week since I've posted so I feel like I should post again. But I just can't think of what to write about. So, let me just sit here and think awhile. Hmmm...... tomorrow's Mother's Day. The present I sent home with my kids to give their mom's was a dishtowel. I painted their handprint on it (yellow) and then made it look like a baby chick. (with black and orange) They turned out pretty cute. Then I wrote their names on it and 2008. And for the card I interviewed the kids about their moms and wrote their answers down. Like, how old is your mom? What is your mom's favorite food? If you had a million dollars what would you buy your mom? Some of their answers were pretty funny. For the age question, they said anywhere between 3 years old and 270. One kid said if he had a million dollars he would buy his mom some food. Maybe a sucker. Sometime's they're so cute:)
I need to go to Lowe's today to get some flowers for the flower boxes in front of church. I'm kind of excited because it sounds fun to be the one to pick everything out, but it also means I'm the one to take care of them. And while I love flowers and think they're beautiful, I don't have the greenest of thumbs. So hopefully they survive through the summer. At least till the end of May would be nice. This week starts my string of short weeks. That makes me very happy. This week and next will be four day weeks because I took off Friday and Monday because of Bekah's wedding. Then another four day week because of Memorial Day weekend. Then a normal five day week. But then I have a two day week because of Girl's Camp. For which I'm very excited.
And speaking of Memorial Day weekend, if you're looking for plans, come here for our Tennesse Fellowship weekend. Please! I know it's a busy weekend and there's always graduations and stuff but if you somehow don't have anything to do, consider coming here.
Okay well, I think I'll be done now. So much for not having anything to write about. So long!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would love to come and see you memorial day weekend but i have a work team and evaluation team i am responsible for that week. BUT lucky you I do believe my mom will be down so you two can have some good quality time :) have a great weekend. i love you .

Kasey said...

Sarah-
How fun that you will be at Rebekah and Jason's wedding! Daniel is in it so we are coming home for a long weekend. I'm not sure if jet lag will even register with me while we are home, it will be so short. I'm sure I won't even know what hit me. Anyway, I hope we can chat!
Kasey

Anonymous said...

sra... i am doing a luncheon on memorial day weekend but someday i shall make it there. also that weekend in the Roanoke Festival. I mean really, how could I miss something so spectacular as that?

love you. miss you. probably won't see you till girl's camp. :(

Anonymous said...

Yay for Bekah's wedding! I'm so glad you're coming home this weekend. I hope to spend some good times with you :)

Anonymous said...

I heard about your call to my wife today. All I can say is I'm glad you don't consider me to be that close of a friend ;)

Anonymous said...

lol i heard about the call too.
it made me laugh.
a lot.
i miss you. we need to chat about mcing.
like really bad.
it's coming closer than i realize, i think!