Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tornado Nights

Are not as fun as tornado days I found out. During the day you can at least see what's going on and we have a good chance of getting out of work early. Last night was not so much the case. When I went to bed I knew there were warnings out, but what can you do unless you want to pull an all nighter. About 3:30 me and Melissa both woke up and came out into the living room and I asked her if she heard the sirens go off. I thought I had heard them but they were kinda distant and I was tired so I couldn't tell for sure but she confirmed that yes, they went off, no, I wasn't hearing things. So we flipped on the TV and the whole radar screen was red and white. I had never seen white on a radar screen before but apparently it's worse than red. We were both kinda nervous so after about 2 minutes we decided to run over to the preschool since it's in a basement. In the five seconds it took us to get over there we were absolutely drenched. So we sat and listened to the weather on the radio for about 20 minutes until it was on the other side of Huntsville. There were several tornadoes touch down in that 20 minutes but they were all a few miles east and the storm was headed east. It was scary though. It probably always seems worse anyways, when it wakes you up and you're a little out of it in the first place. And then I didn't fall back asleep until about 5:00. I guess my adrenalin was pumping enough to keep me up or something. Needless to say, this has not been my most energetic feeling day. Rather, I feel kinda like I got woke up for an hour and a half during the night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I was thinking about you a lot yesterday. (Had I been awake through the night on Tuesday, I probably would have been thinking about you then, too.) I said lots of prayers... :)

When I was at clinical, the patient I was taking care of had CNN on. It was kind of scary because the death toll from the night of tornadoes kept rising all throughout the morning. The people kept talking about Tennesee and Kentucky and mentioned that two other Southern states were hit hard. In my head, I kept yelling at the people on the TV, "What about Alabama?!? What happened there?!?" Needless to say, I was worried about you, but there was nothing I could do except whisper words in prayer. But I'm very glad and thankful to know that you are okay.

I love you tons and I can't wait to see you (or converse with you) again.

Blessings and prayers...

sarah said...

Erin I agree- she's been a little wordy lately:)
Love you Kristi!

Anonymous said...

I was a weird child. I thought tornado's were fun cause the whole family would get to sleep in the basement.

Anonymous said...

HEY!

You better watch it or I'll just stop commenting all together...so there!

Anonymous said...

So I just realized that I've been a terrible person and haven't commented lately. I love you and can't wait to see you in 4 days!