Saturday, July 14, 2007

Yee Haw!

Kristi is down here with me right now. She is sitting in the library watching me type. They wouldn't let her get on a computer without a photo ID. Dumb rule. But anywho... we went to the rodeo. She thought it was the best experience she has ever had in her life. She won't stop talking about it. Except she felt terrible for the calves in the calf roping event. Although she was assured it doesn't hurt the animals, she didn't like that part. The arena was pretty much soup from all the rain we've finally been getting. They have a calf scramble where they have all the kids come out and chase calfs and try to grab a ribbon off their tails. The kids were all getting stuck in the mud and falling down and stuff. And the cowboys had to come pull them out. Some of them were digging around trying to find their shoes. Pretty funny. Unfortunately, I missed seeing that part because I was hanging out with the Athens Locksmith while he got Kristi's car unlocked with her keys inside. (It was my fault.) I decided I'm going to become a locksmith because they make a lot more money than I do. 45 dollars for about 5 minutes. How annoying. So I missed the calf scramble and most of the steer wresting. But I didn't miss any of the barrel racing or bull riding. The girl I was rooting for in barrel racing knocked over two barrels. And none of the bull riders made it to the buzzer. But the girl was from Athens and nervous around the hometown crowd, and the bulls were ruthless. So we'll give em some slack. Now tonight we're trying to think of something to do that's fun and free. Or at least cheap. Any ideas? All right I think that's about all I have. Oh- my car isn't starting. I don't know why. But I'll have to get that fixed. Donations can be sent directly to my house and I'll have my secretary take care of them. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup i'm pretty much jealous....

kentucky is getting closer though, so i will just have to wait until then..

love ya!

Angie said...

i am SO jealous. i miss you sawah.

Anonymous said...

18 days!!!!!!! Ohmigoodness it is so close. And we pretty much got the yes from Jordo. keep prayin' for him.

Anonymous said...

Just a few more days of anticipation, and KY will FINALLY be here!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend with you m'dear. I loved meeting all you fellow Athenians. Indeed a most joyous weekend. :) I'm so looking forward to vacation with the fam, aren't you?

Have fun with the g'rents this weekend...

And please bring my shampoo/conditioner, and razor to Kentucky with you...I do miss them so!

sarah said...

Dear Kriti,
You can have your shampoo and conditioner back but I used your razor and liked it so I might have to forget to bring that, along with your CD's.
Love,
Sarah