Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Adventures in Athens

Let me tell you about some recent adventures. One involves cooking and one involves streaking. Sunday when Kristi was here it was potluck Sunday at church. So she willingly helped me get my food ready. We made twice baked potatoes and monkey bread. The potatoes turned out quite delightful. The monkey bread on the other hand....... Actually it tasted fine. But we had it in an angel food cake pan and not a bundt pan which was a big mistake. Cause all the goopies dripped out and onto the bottom of the oven. I used the church oven too, cause it's a lot nicer for baking. And when I went to get it out, the whole kitchen was a haze. And the next morning had everyone trying to figure out what the smell was. It was a little humbling. Then during Sunday School I had 9 kids. As opposed to 1 or 2. We had a lot of Edelman's visiting which was an adventure by itself and also Ted and Cindy Witzig were here with three of their grandkids. Well, the little boy who was about the cutest thing ever said he had to go potty. I didn't realize he was in a pullup otherwise I would have made him stay. But thinking he had underwear on I didn't want him to go all over. So I sent his older sister with him. She came back saying he had a wet diaper and she didn't know what to do. While she was talking to me about his diaper he decided to run into the sanctuary with no pants or diaper on. I did not realize what was going on until after the fact. Sara told me after Sunday School. Once again, I was a little humbled because he was kind of my responsibiltiy at the time, but I thought it was pretty funny. It's not every Sunday you get a streaker going through church, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, Sra. I knew that something happened with him during church, but I didn't realize it was a streaking incident. Now I understand why Cindy got up so fast in church.

And by the way...I don't care how much you like my razor or my CDs, I'd better see them again in KY or ELSE!!!