Tuesday, June 27, 2017

When The Family Comes To Town (and other summer fun)

My family came to visit!!!!!  It was a pretty big deal.  We have been talking about it now for three years and we finally set a date.  My parents have been here, but my brother and his family haven't been able to make it.  So the days leading up to their arrival were filled with some pretty giddy emotions on my part!


We spend Saturday afternoon swimming and I forgot my camera, of course.  (Side note: I upgraded to a better phone and have officially started using that as my camera so I will hopefully get more pictures now!)

Saturday after supper we had planned to take them to Wicker Park since it's awesome but it rained and rained and rained.  So we played some Apples to Apples and blabbed around the table.  My very favorite part of this picture is my niece wearing grandpa's glasses.  I think she just looks like a little old lady and it cracks me up every time I see it!


Sunday morning before church picture.  Coulda turned out way worse:)


When they left after an early Sunday supper, sadness ensued.  It was way too short but it was oh so sweet.

Other than that we have just been enjoying the beautiful weather.  This little pool is perfect for Summer.  She loves the idea of swimming but the reality of it freaks her out and she just sits on the side in her cute little puddle jumper.  So she likes to use this pool where she can get wet and play in the water without having to actually swim.  Sawyer doesn't even like the idea of swimming.  To set him in the pool is to torture him.  At least that's what it sounds like.


We are loving this season of life!

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

So happy for you!! Glad they could all visit!