Monday, March 14, 2016

A Journey To My Homeland

Every so often I start getting that antsy feeling where I know that it's TIME for me to go home for awhile.  The time had come.  It started off with a "let's meet halfway" lunch with some of my nearest and dearest friends.  I rode back to IL with them and had a few extra days to be there than I had originally planned which was great!  Danny came out after work on Friday to join the fun:)

We met at The Homestead and just had the best time talking and laughing and catching up.  It's possible we were the loudest ones in the restaurant.


The next few days were spent having some quality time with my family and helping my brother and his family move into their new house!  My nephew took his job of digging in the dirt very very seriously.  It's important work, you know!!


This girl.  Squeezed into the van filled with things to move.  She looks so grown up!  Oh wait- she is grown up.


I loved every minute of my time out there.  It was just what I needed.  I do love my family!

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

This just makes me so happy for you!! :)

Erin said...

Woohoo for great trips home!