Friday, April 04, 2014

Rehearsal Dinner And Wedding

*Disclaimer: This got a little longer than I had originally planned...*
 
Soooo...... I'm getting more and more behind on blogging. We just had our one month anniversary (yay!) and I'm just now getting to the rehearsal dinner?  Bad Sarah.  I'll use the excuse that we don't have internet hooked up at our house yet.  I think that's a good one.
 
Anyway, I loved our rehearsal dinner.  My aunt (and some great helpers) did it for us at my cousin's restaurant.  It was personal, cozy, fun, and delicious! 
 
 
A few simple decorations was all it needed.


And I loved our place cards! 


The fact that it was delicious deserves mentioning again.  I didn't get a picture of any of the four dessert choices, but Danny still talks about the lemon raspberry cheesecake he had!
 
 
It was a really special evening with our closest friends and family.  Everyone said such nice things and I cried.  Then we stood and talked and I cried again. 
 
After the supper some of us headed over to the singing that was going on for any wedding guests who wanted something to do that night.  After catching up with some old friends we hadn't seen in a long time, the night ended with an awesome, impromptu, joy filled and very LOUD singing around the piano.  It was the perfect end to the night!
 
Then there was the wedding day.  Which I don't have any pictures of on my camera so if you haven't seen the link yet to the photographer's blog and would like to see pictures, you can go here
 
 Oh how I loved our wedding day!  Someone had told me awhile before to really try to be present.  Be present while I'm with my bridesmaids, be present while I'm walking down the aisle, be present during the service, during the reception, and when we're leaving the reception.  Because it all goes so fast and if you don't make the effort to be present, it will all be over and you'll hardly have a recollection of anything that happened.  So I really tried to take that advice to heart and I think I did a pretty good job of it.  Not perfect- there's a few things that are maybe a little fuzzy but overall I loved just soaking up the day.  It was a day that I had prayed about for so long.  One that I had wondered if it would even happen and one that I had completely surrendered to God.  For the most part.  I had my days when I would doubt and feel completely discontent but for the most part God had brought me to a place of contentment and trust that whether or not marriage was in my future, life would be just fine.  So walking down the aisle and taking my vows with the man I have come to love a whole lot more than I ever thought possible was amazing.  And a little surreal.  One minute I'm not married and the next I am.  Just like that!  Crazy how that works:)
We loved our wedding sermon and our reception too.  The weather threatened to put a damper on things but the church prayed away the snowstorm the weatherman called for.  It came our way and then pretty much split in two, going north and south of us, barely leaving it's mark in our area!  The only complaint that I have is that we couldn't take the time to sit and talk with everyone that came through the line like we wanted.  I told the parents that it wasn't an appropriate time to figure out family trees so I figured I should help with keeping the line moving too:) 
 
Well, if you're still reading, good for you!  Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later with gripping tales of our honeymoon that I'm sure will keep you on the edge of your seats!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Read it. Loved it! Love you. Thanks for posting:)