Friday, April 11, 2014

Our Amazing Honeymoon:)

First picture of the honeymoon!  Riviera Maya, Mexico bound- soooooooo excited for warm weather!
 
 
We had three nights at the different restaurants at our resort and the rest of the time we just ate at the buffet.  Which was a feast.  Our first restaurant was a Japanese steakhouse.  It was my favorite!

 
Lizards were aaaalllllllll over the place.  And Danny was intrigued:)

 
Our second restaurant was a Mexican place.  I think that was Danny's favorite.  His food was amazing!  Mine.... well, I've had better.  We were wondering if we could manage to kiss while wearing those huge sombreros.

 
We could!

 
Our first excursion was a "Mayan experience".  Seeing some ruins, climbing a (very steep) temple...

 
Made it to the top!

 
And back down again.  We conquered!  Our legs felt like jello but we did it!  And it was great fun.

 
The afternoon was filled with things I don't have any pictures of.  Sooooo sad about that:(  Lunch at a Mayan village, canoeing, zip lining, hiking, and rappelling down into a giant sinkhole filled with water where we swam around in inner tubes.  This was my favorite day.  And while I don't have any pictures of the afternoon, I do have this picture of a turkey in the Mayan village!  Gobble gobble:)

 
Next excursion: Xel-Ha.  (pronounced Shell-Ha)  This was Danny's favorite day.  I wasn't feeling good and I kind of struggled through it.  Which was a bummer, cause it was a really cool place!

 
Biking through the woods,

 
seeing some of God's awesome creations,

 
snorkeling, (this is what he waited for the entire trip, and he couldn't stop talking about it after it happened:))

 
more lizards,

 
and, well, there's that bench, too!  They had a bunch of stuff that we didn't do, like swimming with dolphins, manatees, and stingrays, a huge lazy river, and some bicycle zip line thing.

 
Here we are on our last night:(  Sad to see it come to an end but kind of ready to come home too.  We went to an Italian restaurant that night.  Neither one of us really enjoyed it enough to get a picture.  But I do really like this one of us on the dock!

 
And after a stop in to see my parents, pack up the rest of my clothes and stuff, and of course eat at Caleri's, it was time to head back to our new house!  But first we stopped at prompt care because I still felt nasty.  Turns out I had had tonsillitis, swollen gums, and about 12-15 canker sores.  Really painful and NOT fun.  Or maybe I'm just a wimp.  But it took a good three weeks to completely feel normal again.  I never want to do that again!

 
We got home to a fridge filled with oranges that each had a message written on them, and tootsie rolls.  E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E.  Hidden all over the house.  In fact, we just found another one this past weekend and I'm not convinced we've discovered all of them yet.  But it was good- a little fun with no harm done:)

 
Ever since we got back we just work, work, work.  Just kidding!  We went to Florida:)  But I'll write about that another time.  Adios!

1 comment:

sarah.flyingkites said...

There are so many things I want to comment on this post.

Anyway, looks like a blast. Love the one of you two kissing with the sombreros. :) And SO SAD you got that sick. Klint gets canker sores - maybe 2 at a time - and his personality changes. lol i can't imagine 12-15! Glad you are feeling better!