Monday, June 17, 2013

WAKE UP!!!

If you're on facebook, you've probably already seen these pictures.  Sorry.  But just to recap Girl's Camp 2013- it was awesome, as usual!  Our theme was WAKE UP!, and our theme verse was Romans 13:11.  "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time, to awake out of sleep, for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed." 
 
With the theme, they went with slumber party stuff, and our cabin name was the Steadfast Sleeping Bags.  Sleeping bags make me think of camping so that's how we decorated.
 
 
Each of our girls got a "camping survival kit" upon arrival, filled with glowsticks, a bug repellent wristband, a bandana, a s'more kit, and baked beans. 

 
We had a great group of girls!  Camp was a little bit smaller this year and we only had eight to start with, then one never showed so we just had seven.  But we sure loved being together!

 
Not only were the girls great, but I was blessed with a FANTABULOUS co-counselor:)  Loved getting to know her!

 
Here we all are again- I just like this one because it shows off our fun campground decorations.

 
I sat down to watch the field games and had every intention to only be a spectator during the water fight.  But things changed and I ended up being one of the most drenched people.  Post water fight picture with two of my hometown girls.

 
And just a fun one we snapped before the huge group picture.

 
Other highlights included the speakers, testimonies, the lake, singing (nothing quite like girls camp singing), amazing food, renewing friendships and creating new ones.  While I am praising God for another great year, it sure is nice to catch up on sleep!  This morning I completely slept through my alarm and only woke up when my dad knocked on my door (40 minutes later) asking me if I needed to leave for work.  Good thing he was here cause I was still completely zonked out!  Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You had Hannah Beer in your cabin?!?! How fun. We love her and so do our kids! Miss you!