Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Trip:)

The Work
Most of my work pictures come from the crew I was on all week.  I didn't really get around to the other crews.  Pouring footings, bending rebar, leveling off gravel in preparation for the next group to pour cement, digging trenches for the sewer system and digging out a septic tank. 



Oh!  I do have one of a different crew.  The fencing guys.  But I have not a clue what they're doing here.


I promise, this was for work, not just a joyride:)

Oh yeah.  There was one day I helped sand a house for a little while.  Some of the other people at that site were priming and painting all these rafters.


Pop break at the bottom of the septic tank.

(Some of) The People
Sometimes on work teams it takes a few days to really warm up and feel comfortable around everyone who's there.  Not this time.  With the exception of just a few (including me) everyone was from Gridley.  But there was never an issue of finding my place.  That comfort zone was there from the very start.  It probably helped that I had two really good friends in the group, but still.  I loved the whole team.  They were great.

We may have skipped orientation for a quick trip to Cafe Sed....


 Madison and Rachel


Splitting the team up into groups of 4 or 5 for Monday night supper at the different houses.  I thought it was a great idea.


Nicole W.


Jarrin (I've always known her as Jarrin and it's really hard for me to say Raquel) and Geo.


Supper Friday night in Tuscon.  I'm assuming it was due mostly to lack of sleep, but I haven't laughed so much in a really long time.  Great night!


(A Very Small Handful of) The Kids

Wednesday during the staff meeting Ashley Baner and I babysat some of the little kids who weren't in school.  I snapped just a very few pictures then but it's really about all I got of the kids. 





Joel and Kristi

One day I cleaned up early, went out for lunch with Joel, Kristi and Soraya, and spent the afternoon at their house with them.  It was so good to see them but they are really hurting right now.  They need lots of prayers.  Read their story here.




Praising and thanking God for a great trip!!

2 comments:

Schlipf family said...

we loved having you on our trip!
God knew you were needed down there this week..and that we needed you helping us with work and prayers.
You are a blessing!

Raquel said...

i'm so glad you came down for the week. :-] miss you already!
praying for you ;-]
brazos y besos!
raquel