Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Train Saga

A couple weeks ago when I was babysitting Abel overnight, he announced that he wanted to play with his train tracks.  Now, this isn't just a tiny little train track.  It's awesome.  But a little intimidating for me, a very NON construction type person.  But I had the directions in hand and was determined to figure this out.  So we I started by getting everything organized into piles.

Then we I toiled for what seemed like hours which was really only probably about 20 minutes.  Getting very frustrated in the process because it seemed like they didn't have the whole set or something.  There were so many pieces missing and there was no way to get the track built how it was supposed to.  So after trying so hard to keep Abel off of the track, I finally relented and let him start destroying building how he wanted to build.  After he had succeeded in taking apart my hard work, I realized that the pieces were all double sided and we did in fact have all the necessary pieces.  *SIGH*


Not to be discouraged though, we improvised.  We did have a completed track, just a little smaller than originally planned!

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

LOL. Oh my. I can only imagine if this little guy is anything like my boys.

I love how organized you were and then gave in to the inevidable. Hilarious...

Angie said...

haa! he played with the little circle track for quite awhile :) i do find it funny how organized you were...usually i just let him at it, because that's what ends up happening anyway!

Duane and Ann said...

Hey! Our boys used to have this exact same train track and I had to mark coordinating numbers on the underside of the tracks to tone down MY frustration :)
Oh, the memories :)