Monday, March 28, 2011

As Of Late

I like to blog.  Really, I do.  But ever since I moved back to Illinois, I just don't have much to blog about.  I don't like to go so long between posts and I don't like to talk about nothing but I don't really want to quit blogging.  It's kind of a fun outlet for me.  Any great ideas on what I could start talking about?

Thursday the 24th was my aunt and uncle's big sale.  They are planning to move to Denver in a week and sold a lot of their stuff.  It's sad to see them go.  I'm pretty close to them and I love to just stop by and chat sometimes.  But there is no denying that this is the path God is leading them down so I am excited for them.  I know they will have their days of doubting and homesickness but they have such a testimony of God's leading to fall back on for those days.  I did shed a few tears at the sale though.  This weekend will be their last weekend as "Roanokians".  A lot of different emotions for a lot of different people.

This weekend I was out in Bluffton for Single Focus Weekend.  A couple of the talks we heard were very encouraging.  A lot about overcoming fear and worry in our lives.  Call me shallow, but moreso than the talks, I just really enjoyed spending time with a few good friends.  It's been awhile since I've laughed that hard and that much and it just felt good.  After it was over on Sunday I headed to Leo to visit Dustin and Mandy since I was already out that way.  I was able to spend last night with them before coming home this morning.  Another good time.  Hopefully soon I can get out there for more than just a few hours with them.

Now I'm home, and really really tired.  I may be seeing a very early bedtime tonight:)

2 comments:

Angie said...

You could talk about...me :)
But you knew i would say that.
Glad you had a good time this weekend... :)

Britni said...

I'm bummed that I didn't get to see you this past weekend. Glad you had fun in IN though! And I have absolutely NO suggestions. I've started at least 3 blogs with no success. Good luck in your search :)